Hepatobiliary Procedures By Topmost Interventional Radiologists
Hepatobiliary surgery is a type of non-transplant surgery of the liver and bile ducts. While this sort of surgery is employed to treat cancerous tumors of the liver and bile ducts, it is also used for noncancerous conditions. Our Vascular Interventions have the Best Gastroentrology Surgeon in Hyderabad where the treatment is given accordingly to the diagnostic test.
Hepatobiliary procedures include:
- PTBD (Percutaneous Transhepatic Biliary Drainage)
- Biliary stenting
- TJLB (Trans Jugular Liver Biopsy)
- TIPS (Trans-jugular Intrahepatic Porto-systemic Shunt)
- Liver biopsy
Several conditions may cause this
- Gallstones – in the gallbladder or within the bile ducts
- Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Inflammation of the bile ducts (sclerosing cholangitis)
- Tumors of the pancreas, gallbladder, bile duct, liver
- Enlarged lymph nodes within the region of the pancreas and liver because of varied kinds of tumors.
- Injury to bile ducts during surgery
The procedure is performed by interventional radiologists. They are doctors, Best Gastroentrology Surgeon in Hyderabad, specializing in minimally invasive treatments using image guidance. Interventional radiologists are skilled to use diagnostic imaging equipment, like x-ray and ultrasound, to guide varied instruments throughout the procedure.
This treatment usually takes hours of procedure.
Q: What is hepatobiliary contrast?
A: Hepatobiliary MRI contrast agents are specialized agents used to aid diagnosis in MRI.